As the weather begins to change and things begin to get cooler, my palette craves warm comfort food. There is something about the cool weather and soft sweet smelling baked good that seems to warm me up! Combine this with the fact that I love baking and it equals the perfect recipe. However there is one giant footnote, gluten makes me feels ill. The enjoyment baked offer just doesn’t seem worth it compared to how they actually make me feel. In have for the past months been experimenting with some of my favorite recipes but instead of regular flour I have been using coconut flour. So now to compliment my coffee and the chilly fall mornings I can have a cinnamon raisin coconut flour scones. Yummy in my tummy and I know for a fact that my tummy will indeed love it!
Cinnamon Raisin Coconut Flour Scones
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
3/4 cup of sifted coconut flour
1 cup of raisin ( add more to your liking)
6 eggs room temperature.
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease pan with coconut oil
3. In small bowl, mix wet ingredients honey, oil, vanilla and eggs with a whisk
3. Mix all the dry in ingredient in a large bowl, cinnamon, baking powder and sifted flour
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients with a spatula till well blended ( dough should be sticking together not stiff)*
5. Place fist size portion of mixed ingredients on greased pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes
* If your dough is stiff add 1-2 TBS of water as needed.
Coconut flour has a very different texture then regular wheat flour. However if you have gluten issues it is a great choice a nice way to be nice to your belly! I also like to use raw honey or maple syrup in my baking recipes to stick to natural sources of sweetness, that are full of vitamins and mineral ….. try my cinnamon raisin coconut flour and
If you have any questions drop me a line!