Cinnamon Raisin Coconut Flour Scones

18 Oct

As the weather begins to change and things begin to get cooler, my palette craves warm comfort food. There is something about the cool weather and soft sweet smelling baked good that seems to warm me up! Combine this with the fact that I love baking and it equals the perfect recipe. However there is one giant footnote, gluten makes me feels ill. The enjoyment baked offer just doesn’t seem worth it compared to how they actually make me feel. In have for the past months been experimenting with some of my favorite recipes but instead of regular flour I have been using coconut flour. So now to compliment my coffee and the chilly fall mornings I can have a cinnamon raisin coconut flour scones. Yummy in my tummy and I know for a fact that my tummy will indeed love it!

Cinnamon Raisin Coconut Flour Scones

Ingredients
1/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tbs raw honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
3/4 cup of sifted coconut flour
1 cup of raisin ( add more to your liking)
6 eggs room temperature.

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Grease pan with coconut oil
3. In small bowl, mix wet ingredients honey, oil, vanilla and eggs with a whisk
3. Mix all the dry in ingredient in a large bowl, cinnamon, baking powder and sifted flour
4. Combine wet and dry ingredients with a spatula till well blended ( dough should be sticking together not stiff)*
5. Place fist size portion of mixed ingredients on greased pan.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes

* If your dough is stiff add 1-2 TBS of water as needed.

Coconut flour has a very different texture then regular wheat flour. However if you have gluten issues it is a great choice a nice way to be nice to your belly! I also like to use raw honey or maple syrup in my baking recipes to stick to natural sources of sweetness, that are full of vitamins and mineral ….. try my cinnamon raisin coconut flour and
Enjoy!

If you have any questions drop me a line!

About these ads

12 Responses to “Cinnamon Raisin Coconut Flour Scones”

1. Bethann November 1, 2010 at 1:12 PM #

I’m definitely making these tonight!

2. Bethann November 3, 2010 at 2:47 PM #

Unfortunately, when I made the scones, they turned into STONES! I should have stuck to the recipe and not taken it up myself to start substituting things. In the future, I will know to follow the advice of a more seasoned bakers than myself.

3. peaceveg October 24, 2011 at 8:48 PM #

Hi and thanks for posting this recipe. I’m new to baking with coconut flour, but did you really bake these at 350 Celsius? That’s about 660 degrees Fahrenheit.

• haaf October 25, 2011 at 9:49 AM #

I’ll have to double check I have since moved and have a very different oven… but I think that is correct.

• donna Fox October 30, 2011 at 2:02 PM #

This looks really delicious, however, I am making them for a person who can not have eggs. Any suggestions on what to do?

• haaf October 30, 2011 at 4:40 PM #

I’ve actually begun to experiment with new types of flour…. as far as coconut flour goes there is no way to remove the eggs…. If you are just baking them for someone who is okay with gluten but not with eggs I would suggest using regular flour and then adding ground flaxseed about a tbs ( though I would look this up). Flaxseed acts as a binding agent. If you are avoiding gluten then stay tuned… I will be posting some new things soon. Just moved so had to figure out the new oven!

Let me know if this helped at all!

• pk August 9, 2012 at 1:16 AM #

I just discovered this recipe and was about to make the same comment. This might explain why one baker wound up with “stones”.
        Ovens do not have a setting that high.

• haaf August 9, 2012 at 9:22 AM #

Right.

I hadn’t updated this but yes of couse its Fahrenheit. I have just edited the post to show this. Sorry for all the confusion.

4. Sendy August 29, 2012 at 12:14 PM #

do you leave in Montreal, and if yes, where did you get hold of the coconut flour??

• haaf October 27, 2012 at 8:10 PM #

I actually ordered it online from nutsonline.com or you can always find it at any health food store. Usually most carry rob red mills flours and they have coconut flour.

• Bev October 30, 2012 at 5:51 AM #

I made 6 scones out of my mix, I thought they turned out pretty good :) thou had to turn the oven down to 170 (instead of 180c) to stop them burning. Worked out at around 370 cals, 21g carbs :)

5. Rebecca Kelly January 8, 2013 at 4:36 PM #

Just made these for my husband he loved them thank u :-)